Monday, August 30, 2010

Summer's almost over

It is unbelievable how the summer has come and gone. It's almost September! Not that summer's really even close to gone in Arizona with all this nasty heat. I told Joel that next summer if its just as humid and the monsoon is just as crappy (we've only gotten 2 or 3 good storms this year) I want to move. The lack of humidity and storms are the ONLY advantages to being here in the summer.

Mr Kody is already 3 1/2 months old! He changes every day. Just this last week he determined he needed to be able to roll over. Everywhere i've read that its easier for babies to roll from tummy to back so they usually do that around 3-4 months and the other way not until 5 months. He had never even attempted to roll from tummy to back, but was trying really hard Wednesday last week to get from back to tummy. I spent the next night helping him go back and forth and that night he did tummy to back by himself. Then Saturday with Joel he was fussing and fussing and Joel would help him flip, but he stayed upset until he went from back to tummy by himself, then promptly fell asleep! He is definitely like his mom. He wants to be able to do things on his own before he's satisfied. =P

Now that he can roll over, he is thrilled. Thats what he wants to spend his day doing. Then when he's on his tummy, he thinks hes gonna figure out how to crawl. If I put him on his blanket with his head at the top of it, give him about 10-15 min and he'll be off of it entirely.
He loves to go swimming. We've only been a few times, but he has so much fun splashing. Plus he gets to be outside, which is his favorite place to be.

I think he's gonna be like his daddy and talk a lot (which is good! I don't want him to be quiet like me cause that's frustrating!) Every time he wakes up in the morning, he babbles REALLY loud. And when I sing songs, he often will "sing" along and just go "AAAARRRRRAAAAAAABBBLLLAAAHHH" as I'm singing. =)

The next 2 months he gets to meet some new people who are very anxious to meet him. My grandparents on my mom's side are coming down in 2 weeks from Utah and staying for a few days, then in October we are going to Iowa to see my dad and his side of the family. My grandma is incredibly anxious to meet him. Next we just have to figure out how to get up to Michigan so he can meet family from Joel's dad's side.

Some parts of me want Kody to stop growing, cause I barely remember what it was like when he was so tiny. It goes so fast that my memory doesnt have time to imprint it in my brain. Good thing we have lots and lots of pictures. =P




No comments:

Post a Comment