Monday, August 17, 2009

So close now!

So we had our teaching visit a week ago. I think anyway. The last week or two is kind of a blur since it's been so busy. I then started my hormone shots this last Saturday.
I have to give myself injections every night. It's not too bad seeing that I'm a nurse and I have plenty of experience, but the 1st day was still a little freaky for me. I have to take them between 6 and 8pm, which is hard when I'm at work because between 6 and 7 I'm doing my last assessments and then keeping up on charting. Then from 7 to 730 is when report to night shift happens, so I had to make every effort to have all my charting done and give a concise, but thorough report so i can give my shot before i leave to head home. I was also quite nervous about making sure the dose was right and that i didnt waste a drop because it's rediculously expensive medication!
The plan is for me to go in almost every day this week to have blood drawn and an ultrasound to see how things are going. The horomones are supposed to increase the number of places that the embryo(s) can implant, so they are wanting to see how many there are and how the eggs are maturing to know when to retrieve them.
They said somewhere between 7-10 days from when I start my shots they will be doing the egg retrieval and will fertilize them the same day. Then they will be watched for 5 days and then they will implant them. Unfortunately after that I just have to wait and eventually they'll do a pregnancy test to see if they took.
The statistics say that there's 65% live birth rate for women doing in vitro under 35 years old, but we believe wholeheartedly that this is what God wants us to do, and with God the statistics are 100% His will! We definitely thank you all who are praying and ask that you continue to pray for the doctors and nurses helping us and that I don't have problems with giving the meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment