Thursday, August 27, 2009

Egg retrieval

Not a long update but a pretty important one. Our egg retrieval went wonderfully! I had no problem with the surgery.  And I think the doctors were pretty impressed. They got a total of 13-16 eggs (depending on whether you ask Joel or the nurse) and we were told 8 of them were mature (meaning that they are ready to be fertilized) and that they would let us know today how many were fertilized.  Soooo, I got a call at work this afternoon and found out that there were actually 12 mature eggs and 11 of them fertilized!!! Of course they still have a few days to watch them and just because they are fertilized doesnt mean that they will all survive the next few days, but I'm praying for my 11 babies (I know it's a completely rediculous idea) that God would protect them and help them to grow well. Obviously i dont want to have 11 children but having 11 fertilized means there should be a good number that develop well in the next few days. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!

2 comments:

  1. Love you Robyn, you and all 11 of your little dudes are in my prayers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giving me all boys now eh Amy? Thanks... =P

    ReplyDelete