Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Happy Baby!

This is the 1st time since my egg retrieval that I really feel like I can just relax and try to enjoy being pregnant. (Although knowing me I'll find something else to worry about =D)

We went for our follow up ultrasound this morning after all that hullaballoo last week. Even after the ultrasound last Wednesday showed a good picture of the baby and it's heartbeat, I still worried about the bleeding and the fact that the baby was 2 days behind in development. I know 2 days doesnt seem like a lot, but when you're only 7 weeks old, that could be significant.

So the ultrasound today was wonderful. The baby's heart rate was in the 170's (which is good for those who don't know) and it's measuring 7weeks 5days so it's caught up a day. =) The doctor said it was time to graduate us, meaning I'm gonna spend part of today looking at OBs to go to. I think I want to deliver at Banner Gateway cause thats where Crystal delivered Austin and it seemed really nice when we were there. So at least that will narrow down my choices.

As far as how I'm feeling, I'm actually quite well. I've been lucky that my morning sickness has so far been nothing but small bouts of mild nausea. Most of what I have is constant hunger - I feel starving 2-3 hours after I've eaten. (this is definitely joels child) and food aversion. The 2 don't go well together. Sometimes I'll cook something thinking it'll be fine and then as soon as the smell hits me, I want to barf. The only craving i really have is for dark meat chicken. The white meat actually is one of the things I don't really enjoy right now. Wierd.

It's still hard to believe that I have a little person growing inside. It's crazy and amazing (and a little creepy when you think about it). I thank God every day for giving us our miracle. Thank you all who have been praying for us and asking how we are doing. It has been such a help and a blessing.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear all is going well. I will keep praying I am so excited for the two of you. You will be great parents
    April Schultz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep you in my prayers.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete